50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Live in Macon, Ga and turn 53 in July.
Been out of diving for a while and just started back in Nov of '05. Diving in Fl Springs primarily and will go to Coz in July. Happy Birthday to me!
Diver's Supply in Macon, both Cave Excursions in Fla and Tampa Adventure Sports in Tampa.
NAUI Cave 1 and Nitrox.
Just started on YMC D/M

I'm 59, and do over 100 dives a year. I'm just finishing Basic Cave Diving. I don't have a favorite shop as we have many in Central Florida. Favorite dive site, Buford Sink, in the Chassahowitaka National Wildlife Refuge, Florida.
I've dived in California, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida, Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Turks & Caicos, Mexico, Panama, Tahiti, Florida is my main dive destination.

Sebastian, FL and Williamsburg, VA

Mostly Florida
VA
Bahamas
Hawaii

Don't have a favorite dive shop.

AOW YMCA

Dutchman,
65+; NAUI Instructor and still going strong. Dive North Coast of California (cold water 45*-52*).
Great Diving in this area, especially Along the Sonoma Coast and in Montery. If any of you are going to be in the area, I would be honored to dive with you and show you some great dive sites.

53 years young here
Where do you live: Arlington Texas
Where do you dive? Clear Springs, Lake Travis, Possum Kingdom and most any other mud hole in Texas. Plus make at least one trip to the Caribbean or other blue water location yearly.
Favorite dive shop? We B Divin
Current certification? PADI MSDT

I didn't realize so many old codgers read the TSD forum. Especially those furriners from Florida, Georgia, Carolina, Virginnie and Lord knows where else.

Other than to laugh at you old guys, I'm not qualified to comment in this thread. Although I'll be modifying my definition of "old" in 4 years or so.

Normally I'd never associate with a Texan...unless I was in the market for a rifle or a bear trap or some other hillbilly paraphanalia....but there was no place else for a gathering of old fart divers until recently when they started the Grumpy Old Divers forum. hah

Wow....talk about resurrecting old threads! Ok, I'll play....

Near Houston
Locally - Twin Lakes, Lost Lake, Mammoth lake soon
Statewide - Blue Lagoon, Athens, CSSP, Lake Travis, San Marcos
Saltwater - Florida Panhandle and both coasts, Cozumel, Roatan. Wrecks, swimthroughs and walls are my favorites

Houston Scuba Academy... Houston Scuba Academy
Divemaster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom