500psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you

I have one of those old scubapro spg's, I'll try to find it, but they are super rare and I am not sure I trust the readings anymore due to age. If that couple has issues reading, they need to get one of the big 2.5" gauges, and if that isn't enough, go digital...

Well i need 4 of them. Im going to call a scubapro buddy he has supposedly has the largest scubapro collection in the states i will see what he has & can get

Im not talking of changing all the gauge sizes just a option on the 2" the common one that you find in most all consoles. As 4 gauges which one would be easer to read for the new and average diver.im just talking something simple to do on just the 2" . Im in manufacturing and when a client requests a change something simple like that it's not hard to do.
View attachment 384356 View attachment 384357

Since it is not hard to do, then go make one prototype for yourself. If it works great then make more & sell them those guys who have poor eye sight. To me 2.4mm span / 100psi vs. 3.0mm span / 100psi does not make a difference. Or just get a 3" or larger diameter pressure gauge.

Well problem solved just found 6 sherwood 4000psi gauges that are nos he is going to test them b4 he ships. The nice thing they hava a colorfull face.

Good for you. Just make sure it is completely sealed & has thick plate rated at least to the deepest one you ever want to go. If 40m (133'), it would be about 60psig. My 2" Highland 0-5000 psig is pretty heavy with thick plate.

I've seen those Sherwood 0-4000 psig pressure gauges with thin plate & pin hole or glycerin filled case for above water application (0 psig). May be you can post the link of what you found here.

Last edited:
This is the style he said he has, or he has some tekna. These guys i doubt will do any thing more than 60 ft. Screenshot_2016-10-28-13-08-49-1.png

This is the style he said he has, or he has some tekna. These guys i doubt will do any thing more than 60 ft. View attachment 384414

and more importantly don't have any sort of resolution for telling how much pressure you have. They may be "Easier" to read, but the resolution sucks on them and the precision is usually pretty bad as well

They should work just fine for somebody diving shallow reefs. There not tech divers they are Open Water divers that are retiring to Florida.

Back
Top Bottom