500psi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First im not talking about the European market place and the few people in Europe that actually have that high of a pressure tank. Thy got to be expensive. As stated not talking about changing the bourbon tube inside the gauge I'm talking about changing an arm which would leave that gauge good for for a 3500 PSI tank.

The prices between 200-232 bars tank and a 300 bars tank is not big, i know many who dive 300 bars tanks.
You get a 12l 232 for ~220€ and a 12l 300 for ~250€

It is not unusual with dubble 4l, 5l or 6l 300bars a double 5@300 gives about the same amount of air as a12@232bars, but with lower profile and redundant regs.

The choce is not due to pricing, you chose tank due to weight and balance. A 300 bars tank is more weight, and more negative when empty.

I'm not sure I can understand this - the whole 'easier to read' thing. Why is it easier to read just because the need is in a slightly different place for any given pressure?

If their eye sight is so poor that they can't read an SPG, surely they aren't seeing much of the reef either? I'm sure that some people with disability level poor eye sight dive, but I'd wager that they will generally have special support for them - ie a dedicated chaperone with an AI computer monitoring their pressure remotely? That said, I'm in no way an expert on these things...

I bought one of those Mares slim line SPGs for very little money, but I don't really like it. It's okay to quickly tell whether your tank is full / half full / almost empty, but it does take considerably more concentration to tell the exact pressure.
I'm curious what feeling it is to read it narced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170413-214001.png
    Screenshot_20170413-214001.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 51
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom