5060 user looking for modeling light info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SUNBOY

New
Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post. Although I have 400+ dives under my belt I have recently joined the world of digital photography. My setup or "rig" is an OLy 5060 with Ikelite housing single handle tray with a DS-125 TTL strobe. Although I hate the lag of the 5060 my last photos from the T&C (Turks&Caicos) were not bad and I did see an improvement. Yet my last trip, I was land based and never did a night dive. In Feb. I will be on the T&C Aggressor and would like some information from those that have experience. Do I need a model light or is the DS-125 light enough? I have been a lurker on these boards for years, so yes I have checked archives! I was thinking about the UK Sun Cannon 100. My problem is that all other night dives I have ever done I have always used a small light as not to scare the critters of the night. Is this flashlight too much, or is it a good combination for my camera. I was also thinking that this light would help during the day to help shoot in low light conditions. If I went this direction I would buy a dual tray with Ultralight attachments for UK 100. I have contacted Ryan for his imput and I wait for your comments-thanks. David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom