55mm threaded Fantasea Red filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Many people have loved the colors, contrast, and saturation of my recent Kona Hawaii mini-movie.

Here is the filter that I used for most all wide angle / scene blue water background.

I really like the 55mm threaded aspect of it as it fits my Backscatter flat port housing great, is rock solid when mounted, then I just let it dangle on a string when not in use, or keep in in a plastic filter case in a BCD pocket.

I really DON'T like Backscatters housing rubber band method of attaching/retaining filters. But now they have the flip-away which seems like a better option, but those weren't out or for sale Last June when I got my Hero2 and filter for the Kona dive trip

My Filter:

Fantasea Line RedEye Underwater Color Filter for Bluewater 5207

and they also offer many other filter types / sizes / colors / mounts.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?atclk=Brand_Fantasea+Line&ci=260&N=4267396734+4291456372

My favorite though, as a whole system plug and play do it right do it once, would be the SRP snake river prototype equipment. Really is top notch and versatile.

But I'm sharing the Fantasea filter video results, as their filters don't get talked about much and the threaded fitting if you have a backscatter housing is GREAT to lock your filter in place and know it's not going anywhere, nor will it get bubbles on the filters' camera side of a flip out filter. The threaded filter is much more bubble protected

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom