Wanted 6.9" bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsingler

Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass
Staff member
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have a pair of beautiful old US Divers LP 72's that I want to pair up.
Anyone have some 6.9" bands they're willing to sell? Hard to find new, that I trust are really adequate for 6.9" with 8.5" centers. Any suggestions in that regard would be great, too!

I have an old pair of bands that fit old 72s. Not sure what the center distance is. They are old school.

I looked at these before, but I'd heard from guys with more experience than I, that I don't want rubber padding trapping water against a steel tank for the long term. Supposedly doesn't drain like a steel band.
Imaginary horrible? Or a valid concern?

257_th.jpg
257_th.jpg

Click For Details
7.00 Inch Stainless Steel Cylinder Bands

Piranha's Price: $144.99

I have the above on 7" steel tanks and the Halcyon manifold is @ exactly 8 1/2 " on center. They're a little heavier gauge than my Highland Mills ones and nicely finished. (assuming they're still the same) Don't over-tighten, you should be able to move the center valve when full. Mine moves fairly easily about a 1/4 to 1/3 turn @3000 psi.

Back
Top Bottom