7 days in the Philippines this November - where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go to Philippines regularly and weather is never an issue because the fare is dirt cheap. However, flying from New Jersey is entirely different story.
Previously I would had suggested Nov to late Apr as the best time. But over last few yrs the weather seems to have gone "crazy" so my suggestion is Jan to late Apr. PG was hit by a typhoon on Boxing Day few yrs ago.

As already suggested, Indonesia might be a better option in Nov. No typhoon but volcanoes do erupt from time to time and flights are being cancelled!!!

As already suggested, Indonesia might be a better option in Nov. No typhoon but volcanoes do erupt from time to time and flights are being cancelled!!!

You would have to point out that volcano issue.
I'm flying into Bali in November, and yes I'm taking that gamble, well aware of possible disruptions.
I've been in S.Leyte in January and had diving disrupted by a nice little tropical depression, after a couple days and no clearing in the forcast I escaped to Anilao to dive out the rest of my time. Thankfully that's the only disruption I've ever had.

@justwannadivenow3 typhoon is a possibilty but traditionally not frequent in Nov.

I'm flying into Bali in November, and yes I'm taking that gamble, well aware of possible disruptions.
I've been in S.Leyte in January and had diving disrupted by a nice little tropical depression, after a couple days and no clearing in the forcast I escaped to Anilao to dive out the rest of my time. Thankfully that's the only disruption I've ever had.

@justwannadivenow3 typhoon is a possibilty but traditionally not frequent in Nov.
Where are you visiting in Bali DF ?

Not much of a gamble!
They have been pretty quiet lately so you should be fine. Perhaps you ought to suggest the place where you are going in Nov to the OP.

Where are you visiting in Bali DF ?

Just transiting thru to Lembeh then Bangka Are you and Peter going to be in Indo in November?

@Centrals @justwannadivenow3 is taking a seven day trip, for me I would pick a place where I could fly into and not need another flight to get to such as Anilao or Bali. I love Lembeh but additional transit eats time and they justwannadivenow.

Just to leave my recommendation on a dive op in the Philippines, I stayed at the dive resort near Coron on Sangat island (Sangat Island Dive Resorts | Scuba Diving Resort Coron, Palawan) and I absolutely loved it! The staff were pretty professional and organized, there were a lot of decent dive sites all within a 10 min boat ride. I'm quite certain that some guests came in for day trips rather than staying on the island.

I know you said you aren't into wrecks, but there are a lot of really great wrecks in this area from WWII that are not very deep and have wide open spaces rather than restrictive passageways - this trip made me love wrecks! Beyond that, we got to see some fish spawning on a night dive and there were a lot of vibrant reefs nearby.

I can't speak to what it would be like in November since we went during the summer, but I do recommend checking them out if you're planning on staying near Coron.

Just transiting thru to Lembeh then Bangka Are you and Peter going to be in Indo in November?

@Centrals @justwannadivenow3 is taking a seven day trip, for me I would pick a place where I could fly into and not need another flight to get to such as Anilao or Bali. I love Lembeh but additional transit eats time and they justwannadivenow.
I am staying at home in Nov.
All the way from New Jersey for a 7 days diving trip is quite a rush and not counting on recovering from jet-leg.
Op asked for pelagic so I suggested Malapascua.

That’s , sounds brilliant Mat. We are going to Thailand for Christmas, Ko Phi Phi, Ko Lipe and Ko Lanta. Unless the diving has improved greatly there, it will be more a holiday with diving than a diving holiday. Have a wonderful time.

I went to Malapascua Island in April and it was awesome. There is plenty of macro around the island. They also have day trips to remote locations, like Gato Island, with some sharks as well. Mostly macro though. The night dives were pretty cool too.

Doing 4 dives a day in Malapascua might be hard to do. The day trips are nice but they tend to be 3 dives. By the time you get back there isn't always a fourth dive you can do. You can do the night dive to get in a fourth dive. Still, 3 to 4 dives a day is pretty good. And the diving is awesome. I'd rather do 3 quality dives every day rather than 4 or 5 okay dives every day.

Not sure how things will be in November. I've been told weather is less of an issue as you go south. So it should be fine. You might have issues if you go to PG or Aniloa.

I also like @Damselfish idea for Dauin. I'm going there in December. I've been to Dumaguete for a surface interval and I liked it (lots of expats and America life style). Plus the idea that I can get to various other places (Apo and Siquijor islands) from Dauin as well. I'm already booked. Flying into Manila, spend some time recovering from the jetlag, flying to Dumaguete and driving to Dauin (30 minute drive).

Finally, I looked at the pricing for Aniloa. It seemed a little more expensive than other places, like PG.

Dauin was a very good variety of diving. Macro was awesome and saw a whale shark at Apo island.

I stayed at Pura Vida resort. Comfortable place and the dive shop was really good with lots of good guides.
They organized transport to and from the Dumaguete airport. You can fly in from Manila or Cebu, really short flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom