70's/80's vintage SCubaPro mk5 first 109 sscond - worth keeping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the exhaust valve: how can I remove it from the metal housing, without destroying the exhaust diaphragm? The rubber pads are quite worn off, I'd like to get new ones.

You have to take the exhaust tee off, just gently pull it over the flange from one side. It's a pain to get back on, but especially when you first get these regs it's important to remove the exhaust valve and very carefully clean the metal surface where they seat. Otherwise you could have a pretty wet breather every time you look up.

This spring? The original one looks identical...

You will need a new spring too.
The blue exhaust mushrooms are quite durable.....getting them back in is more tricky than getting them out.

Thanks for the hint, last night I couldn't get the Tee off, I'll try the pulling...
You have to take the exhaust tee off, just gently pull it over the flange from one side. It's a pain to get back on, but especially when you first get these regs it's important to remove the exhaust valve and very carefully clean the metal surface where they seat. Otherwise you could have a pretty wet breather every time you look up.

Yes that's the one. The original is longer and stronger as it is not balanced it needs to counter more force.

This spring? The original one looks identical...

Actually I am having more trouble getting the exhaust Tee than the mushroom. How shall I screw it/bend it/crack it?
:D

Back
Top Bottom