72cf or 80cf steel tank in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 2 80's but they are din your yoke regulator is not rated for high pressure & you will blow o rings or your regulator. you can change the valves if you want but you would be better off diving din it is the safer way to go they are both in hydro & vis I would take $400 cash for the pair or $225 each if you dont want the pair I can be reached at 941 809-2452 my name is todd

My first stage is a Scubapro MK2. I don't want to convert to DIN. I'm a recreational diver and yoke is sufficient for my needs.
Most modern day yoke regs can be used with HP tanks without a problem. Most new hp tanks even come with a convertable din/yoke valve.
Does this convertible DIN/yoke valve on an HP tank work with all regulators - even my old school Scubapro MK2?

Most modern day yoke regs can be used with HP tanks without a problem. Most new hp tanks even come with a convertable din/yoke valve.

I've dived my yoke 1988 Mk10 on HP steel 120's( pressure 3700+) many times----do blow outs to date.....& I'm still a kickin'....

EDITalso my old(late 80's) Oceanic 1st stage yoke(could not even tell you the name of it).....

My first stage is a Scubapro MK2. I don't want to convert to DIN. I'm a recreational diver and yoke is sufficient for my needs.

Does this convertible DIN/yoke valve on an HP tank work with all regulators - even my old school Scubapro MK2?

Yes. The only reason I said "most modern" was I thought I read somewhere that some of the old regs may have a weaker alloy that may stress a bit easier under higher pressures. Although I doubt 500 or so PSI will make that big of a difference from a regular 3000 psi fill to 3500.

Also, I spoke with one of he head engineers for regs for a local company (who asked not to be quoted for liability) and he said something to the effect that a yoke standard of 3000 PSI was pretty much BS and something that was agreed on a long time ago while trying to come up with industry standards and that was the most common fill pressure.

Yes. The only reason I said "most modern" was I thought I read somewhere that some of the old regs may have a weaker alloy that may stress a bit easier under higher pressures. Although I doubt 500 or so PSI will make that big of a difference from a regular 3000 psi fill to 3500.

Also, I spoke with one of he head engineers for regs for a local company (who asked not to be quoted for liability) and he said something to the effect that a yoke standard of 3000 PSI was pretty much BS and something that was agreed on a long time ago while trying to come up with industry standards and that was the most common fill pressure.

True Dat Greg my man......
I dive HP steel 120's filled regularly past 4000 and I'm using a vintage ScubaPro MkV with a 3000 rating and I haven't had an issue yet.

True Dat Greg my man......
I dive HP steel 120's filled regularly past 4000 and I'm using a vintage ScubaPro MkV with a 3000 rating and I haven't had an issue yet.

Damn, I need to get my fills up by you! I used to always get a good fill (execpt if I went to Divers Direct which I would have to wait 45-60 mins for a crappy fill), but now regulary get 3200-3300 on my HP.

I'm in the market for preferably an HP130 or possibly 120, if I end up with a 120, I'd be better off getting an LP 95. My LDS will fill them to 3200 which would give me more air than an HP120 filled to the same pressure.

Back
Top Bottom