7mm Wetsuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive the NeoSport farmer John when not dry suit diving in waters from the low 50's. I'm a cold water wimp, but I'm comfortable enough diving this suit. I doubt I'd be as comfortable doing 2 or 3 dives off a boat in cold weather though.

Iirc, I got it from Leisure Pro for less than $200.

I was looking at those because the $120 price is looking pretty sweet to me. Tho adding additional lead is not something I would look forward to as I already have a heavy setup.

if you are an odd size, a used fusion drysuit might be a workable option since they fit a larger range. the design is annoying to some though as the inner bag has excess material.

I have been using the neosport 3mm for years and definitely happy with the quality for the price. Collar seems to get beat up first. I have had a 7mm henderson gold core for years. God I hate getting in and out of that sucker, but its warm for sure! For that price I'd give the neosport a go and maybe even toss in a vest for a little extra protection.

I have just ordered a 7mm night dive full wetsuit from TommyDsports in Florida. have a look at their website. As I have not received it yet I have no idea of the quality. I ordered from USA because large or thick wetsuits are getting harder to get in the UK, many are switching to drysuits.

00655260-148A-4D07-AB9F-4E81931AE759.png C2331D60-B144-4811-B4D2-F852C38E3505.png
I use the Xcel and love it also have it in a 3mm. My wife and son have the Pinnacle and both really like theirs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom