7mm Wetsuit recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always worry about the hooded suits because I have a big head and neck.

The Xcel is pretty stretchy the Pinnacle not so much. I personally only dive hooded suits to me a separate hood or hooded vest is to bulky at the neck since you have the hood then the neck seal on the wetsuit. My wife always complained about the neck being tight on her wetsuits so I put a soccer ball in it when stored and now it has stretched a little and no more complaints.

See post #14. I have seen several divers in these OThree suits and they really like them and get into them easily, seem very stretchy. If they did one in my size / fit I would probably have bought one. I can get in and out of a 5XL fairly easily and have dived in smaller but I have very wide shoulders, large chest and long back. To accommodate my back length and bend comfortably the TommyD I got is 6 XL. Its good on my back, shoulders and hips but slightly slack on my stomach and front of my chest. The legs are a bit firm (I have big calves) and I will lube them to get them right up. The legs are too long (I expected this) and I will either cut the zipped portion off or get it moved up. Quality - The neoprene is quite firm but seems porous (high % of open cell ?) but I have not tested it yet. Stitching seems good and the zips operate smoothly. Even if I spend another £50 having the legs adjusted that still means I have a well fitting suit for about £150. Thats a fraction of a made to measure wetsuit (£430) or a drysuit (£900 to £1,000)

U
I am in the market for a new wet suit and I am looking for some recommendations. I currently have a Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm but it got torn up.

I dive in Massachusetts so it has to be 7mm and a dry suit is out due to the cost. (please no dry suit comments unless you want to buy me one.)

So what kind of wet suit do you dive? and would you recommend it to someone else?

I am curious about the Neosports are they good for the price?

Been diving south eastern MA and RI since 1968 I use 7MM Farmer John Neosports, or Henderson. Between 60Fand 55F I add a 2mm hooded vest. Below 55F a 4MM crushed neoprene dry suit. Our suits get all torn up diving around here. Better to pay less than more. I've got 2 3MM Sterns I bought at Job Lot $20.00 ea! I use 1 here to snorkel with Mrs. AD and for diving in NC and FL. The other I made into a 3MM Farmer John bottom for the diving during the warmer summers here.

If you are diving northern MA, Mass. Bay, Cape north shore then I'd recommend the 2mm hooded vest also. I know you don't want to hear it but that really is dry suit territory.

Last edited:
I have the waterproof Taurus and love it. I have zero complaints on that suit. Very comfortable and contours a body shape very well. I would check into what they replaced it with.

I dove a Neosport 7mm for 4 years. It's fine for the price, but I think you're better off spending more and getting a better suit. I upgraded to an Xcel, much better fit, better quality, and much warmer. The attached hood is very nice. I now dive a drysuit until the air temps get into the 80's, then usually I'll go back to the Xcel wetsuit unless water temps dictate otherwise.

I would like to thank everyone for their input on this matter. So after much consideration and looking at everyone's suggestions (I did look into everything suggested.) I am going to be boring and go with the know commodity of getting another Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm.

I am in the market for a new wet suit and I am looking for some recommendations. I currently have a Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm but it got torn up.

I dive in Massachusetts so it has to be 7mm and a dry suit is out due to the cost. (please no dry suit comments unless you want to buy me one.)

I dive Maine waters in a SEAC 7mm semi-dry that I like very much. Warm, comfortable and durable.

Your diving is not that dissimilar from northern California. I dive an Aquaflite 7mm, with an optional hooded shorty, and with the OceanLiner (semi-dry) lining. Totally worth it.

I'm looking to get a new 7mm myself. I'm big scubapro fan and Leisure Pro has the new 2018, 7mm Steamer for 390.00. You might want to look into it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom