A 3x mount Goodman handle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackOfDiamonds

Jewish Space Laser Operator
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello everyone,

For a while now ive been trying to find a Goodman handle that can comfortably house 3x cordless flashlights.

I would like to take the spare ones that i have and fit them on the handle, 2 wide ones on the side and a narrow beam in the middle .

I have recently encountered a picture of something quite similar but i was still not able to find anything of that sort.

I have also tried looking for a handle and seperate mounts but was only able to find them for specific flashlights by Diverite etc.

Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction of where ill be able to find something like this!

Picture for example -
search
k0v3nw5

XYRLNyS

Capture
flashlights

Thanks!

The ISC alien is a stock solution and the one you linked to. I have never seen just the mount. It would be incredibly easy to make if you have access to a band saw and drill press

The ISC alien is a stock solution and the one you linked to. I have never seen just the mount. It would be incredibly easy to make if you have access to a band saw and drill press

I know this one is the ISE Alien light how ever im interested in just the handle for all the spare lights that i have, the price for the Alien light is around 350 Euros.

Unfortunately i do not have accesses to a drill press or a band saw nor am i mechanically inclined enough to be able to use them properly.

I am willing to pay for it if someone knows how to do it , ill pay for the materials, work & shipping

@JackOfDiamonds part of the problem is it's going to have to be compatible with your specific lights, these designs are not universal as they need to be machined to pretty tight tolerances so the lights don't slip. Which lights are you using?

@JackOfDiamonds part of the problem is it's going to have to be compatible with your specific lights, these designs are not universal as they need to be machined to pretty tight tolerances so the lights don't slip. Which lights are you using?

I have the DGX 800 and a pair of DGX 600's.

The 800 is the narrow beam which i want to position in the middle, the pair of 600's are wide 120 angle which i want in the sides.

the 800's body measures approximately { 8 x 1.6 x 1.4 in | 203 x 40 x 35 mm } (length x head diameter x tube diameter)

the 600's body measures { 5.7 x 1.6 x .9 in | 146 x 41 x 25 mm } (length x head diameter x tube diameter)

Ideally i would like the 600's to be positioned about 5 degrees to the side in order to cover as much surface area as possible but im not sure if it will be possible in terms of space.

@JackOfDiamonds the center one being twist on and off is going to be super annoying if you have any intention of turning it on or off underwater and you'll have to make sure it grips properly or you will have to take the goodman off and hold the back end while twisting.
5* angle should be fine, but you'll be better off finding a local machine shop to make it for you. Instructions are fairly simple. Bore one 35mm hole in the middle, bore a pair of 25mm holes at the end with a 5* angle towards center. Cut in half, bore and tap 4x holes for SS screws. Countersunk machine screws if you want it flush, or can use the ones with knurled edges that usually have allen heads in them. Bore and tap 2-4x more holes to be able to mount the goodman handle of your choice which I would buy from someone like UWLD, LM, Dive Rite, etc. since they already have them made.
Make it out of aluminum, then if you want it to last, have them annodize it. Probably cost you $150-200 ish to have a machine shop do it with the annodizing

Back
Top Bottom