A bad dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived in this area, just wondering if you are near the bridge over to Dartmouth? Looking for artifacts on a wreck, or from the big Halifax Harbour explosion of 1917?

It would be a cool dive at any rate

I've dived in this area, just wondering if you are near the bridge over to Dartmouth? Looking for artifacts on a wreck, or from the big Halifax Harbour explosion of 1917?

It would be a cool dive at any rate
Lately we have been diving under to MacDonald bridge but we have covered most divable spots through out the harbour. During the winter months we dive for bottles and artifacts lost by sailors, shipwrecks and even from the old train bridge that ran across the harbour during the 1800s. We have recovered locks and lamp globes with the Intercolonial Railway initials embosed on them. IMG00138.jpg This is one of only 2 ICR lamp globes known to still exist, both were found on the same day by me and one of the Zodiacdiverboys.
ZDD

That is quite a haul!!!

Do you have to report to Harbour Commission pre-dive?

That is quite a haul!!!

Do you have to report to Harbour Commission pre-dive?
Yes, since 9/11 there are a lot of new restrictions on harbour diving. We have to give advanced notice in the week and radio in proir to diving. We must maintain comunications with Harbour Traffic and have a way to signal the divers.
Years ago when I was just YOUNG and stupid I almost got run over by a very large freighter. I wrote about it and what we should have done and sent it in to Drver Mag and they were nice enough to publish it and send me a regulator. That was about 20 years ago and I haven't had any more problems with freighters, just figgen rope and wieght belts.
As for reporting our finds to the authories the only thing we have to report are the bodies we find and we have found a few down there.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom