A BC cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool! What's that at 05:35? Beaver?

Very cool! What's that at 05:35? Beaver?
Yea there was a beaver den at the back of the cavern. VERY Canadian. We joked about wet beavers all week :p

Nice video, I enjoyed it. Do you have any leads for the next round?
Yea the normal rule of thumb when pushing something like this, especially a "sumpy" cave, is to follow the ceiling as much as possible. I did that in the final sump, but in the process I skipped over the way on which is sort of in the floor. The deep part of the final sump was super clean so it must get season flow of some sort, but its not the main passage anymore. It was deep but a short bounce as I had a minimal amount of BO.

You can see the original map in this old video/thread. We were planning on resurveying this year but the cave kicked our butts hauling way too much of the wrong stuff to the wrong places before we "figured it out". While the original exploration was done on backmount, with air, in wetsuits (its 45F water), they were young and fitter. And narced. The way on is in the 160ft depth region, roughly. Its for sure sidemount CCR to continue to push this.
Reappearing River, BC, Canada

Somehow, 9 years later, I'm still diving with that damn Albertan @nadwidny

Yea there was a beaver den at the back of the cavern. VERY Canadian. We joked about wet beavers all week :p

Yea the normal rule of thumb when pushing something like this, especially a "sumpy" cave, is to follow the ceiling as much as possible. I did that in the final sump, but in the process I skipped over the way on which is sort of in the floor. The deep part of the final sump was super clean so it must get season flow of some sort, but its not the main passage anymore. It was deep but a short bounce as I had a minimal amount of BO.

You can see the original map in this old video/thread. We were planning on resurveying this year but the cave kicked our butts hauling way too much of the wrong stuff to the wrong places before we "figured it out". While the original exploration was done on backmount, with air, in wetsuits (its 45F water), they were young and fitter. And narced. The way on is in the 160ft depth region, roughly. Its for sure sidemount CCR to continue to push this.
Reappearing River, BC, Canada

Somehow, 9 years later, I'm still diving with that damn Albertan @nadwidny
Well, I do live in BC now. I guess I'm trans-provincial

CCR cave snorkel at 6:10? ......wtf
Its a 250+m of swimming upstream to the big dry section (which takes hours to hoof across). Most of that swim is on the surface. Believe it or not the snorkel is pretty functional.

200psi(?) from a 2L of O2 is a precious commodity compared to just using a snorkel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom