A bc for my wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMrEZG

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
the time comes in every man's life when he must buy a bc for his wife(that is if he is married to a diver). I have reached that point. between my expirience and her comfort she thinks my tractor's sexy (oh sorry i kind of got a little side tracked there)anyway we are looking at TUSA or dive rite TPII. can you guys help us decide?

Hmmm, I can see you're a good husband. My husband bought me a new BC for my birthday, 7 weeks ago.
He bought the Extremelle by Dacor. Although, very nice and expensive, it just wasn't really what I wanted. And I wanted to love my BC.
So I exchanged it for the Isla BC by Oceanic.
The moral here. Let her try some on and pick out what she likes best. It's really a very personal thing your BC and you. You're kinda your own team underwater.
:sunny:

Well, here's my 2¢...
My wife dives a DR Transpac II - It would take substantial force and a divorce to make her part with it - she uses it both with the dry suit and has taken it to Honduras as well as the Keys on several occasions - we both dive Transpacs and most of our friends do as well - I actually think that most of the female divers I know of do -
I think the reson for this is the large range of adjustment allowed on the BC - she also loves the weight ditching - allows her to get out of the water with less weight on (read here that I get to go back and pick up on shore dives...)

I would recommend that she try some different ones out, it's the only way to figure out if you like it or not - and as Natasha said - if she does not like it - you'll be looking at a LOT of roses... <BG>

Cheers,
Terkel

my girlfriend is looking at the Seaquest Diva BC. This one seems to live up to it's reputation as being specially designed for women. A lot of the women at our club use them and are very happy with them.

Just a thought :peace:

Mick

A friend just bought a Diva after trying on a few BC's. She thought it had the most comfortable fit. I like the Diva's tank mount design. Tank is not likely to slip and the bottom is set out at a slight angle so the tank will not rest on the butt. There are 2 Diva models. The cheaper one may be a little short on lift for thick wet suits or other conditions where a lot of weight is used.

I have been diving with the Diva for almost 2 years, and absolutely loved it...until I tried on the DivaLux! That one is sweet! A little more money, but its definitely worth it! The backpak padding and sports bra insert are made of a sturdier material..almost like leather (ooohhh...a "kinky" BC!), plus the pockets are huge now, with a little zipper one on the cummerbund. It has 2 tank bands (complete with the non-dumpable trim weight pouches on the bottom band)and it has a combination of jacket inflation and back inflation. I think the one I tried on was size small, and it had 34lbs of lift. I'm not sure on the lift of the other sizes, but I assume it goes up with each size. Haven't had a chance to take it out for a test dive...but I will next weekend! I'll let you know what I think.

Hi
My husband and I dive together to but when it came down
to purchasing our equipment we had to go on our own. We
both ended up with Scubapro BC's. I really liked the
ladyhawk. It has back floatation so when you inflate
it, it doesn't squash your breast. It's really hard to
dive when it feels like an elephant is sitting on your
chest.

I guess I gave the impression that I was buying the bc for her. when infact it is totally up to her to decide. I just happened to be the one to post the question. If it were up to me she'd be diving a dive rite, but that's my opinion not hers. but thanks to all you guys forr your input.

Think we knew all along the final decision was her's! (we just let you men THINK the decision is yours! hehe)

So, what did she end up with? I would LOVE to try a Ladyhawk! Can't talk my manager into ordering them though. The last Scubapro "woman's" BC we got was the Venus...and we still have some sitting around! NOT a big seller! (if anyone is interested in them...PLEASE let me know!)

Haven't had a chance to try out the DivaLux yet...still on my agenda though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom