A bit off topic but any Air Show Junkies here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cicopo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My primary hobby is photography & I really enjoy aviation photography. I've been combining my interest in both fields for several years by shooting radio control events (building & flying is another hobby) as well as the yearly full scale air show we have locally. This week was the first performance by the Red Arrows who have just started their North American tour & they were awesome. Great formation flying with lots of coloured smoke painting the sky. If your interested in either venues my photos can be seen here.

Larry Ingram’s albums | Flickr

I have donated all the RC photos to the non profit organization that insures & sanctions events in Canada in the hope they will host them because I'll be cancelling my Pro Flickr account this Nov when it's time to renew.

Larry

Count me in as a junkie. We sometimes have a booth at EAA/OSH (not this year). I was up Thursday till Sunday in July for the big show. I have flown my Cherokee 180F up the last three years.
I've worked in Aviation for 32 years and a pilot since 1985.

Yes I'd say that makes you a fellow junkie. My father was RCAF so I grew up around planes plus have 2 years of Air Force Reserve but unfortunately it seems my hearing is badly imbalanced so I can't be a pilot. If the Red Arrows perform near you I suspect you'll be there & it is a great performance.

Yep. Usually go to one every year.

p1401827632-5.jpg

p717334710-5.jpg

p1392115380-5.jpg

I love air shows. Not only that all through the 90s and early 00s I was a competition aerobatic pilot.
This was my Extra. The plane was awesome and I do miss her.

Dang BikerBecca, you appear to be quite the adrenaline junky. Scuba - Bikes and planes. Dang.

Dang BikerBecca, you appear to be quite the adrenaline junky. Scuba - Bikes and planes. Dang.

I am indeed an adrenaline junkie! Don't know where it came from because nobody in my family is like that.

AWESOME stuff both of you. I haven't seen the Blue Angels perform but get to see a lot of great photos of them at one of my photography forums. They look to be very precise in the air too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom