A bunch of Sportsways stuff.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My good friend that works at Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro, CA just texted me this afternoon and said that the family of the original chief engineer of Sportsways dropped of 20 plus single hose reg sets, a bunch of J valves, and a double hose reg, all brand new and never been wet.
The stuff is available from what he said but I don’t have details.
Just figured I’d give the vintage community a heads up.
upload_2019-11-25_18-12-34.jpeg

Wow! Gotta love NOS stuff that old! Let us know where and when it becomes available.

I was hoping @Sam Miller III would chime in and tell us about the chief engineer of Sportsways. Apparently he (and family/manufacturing) wasn’t too far from the store in San Pedro.
Jon (my friend) said that most or all of this is new in box.
Parts? I have no idea about that.
The store was approached by the Sportsways family wanting to know if they could help them disburse/sell or other wise get it into the proper hands of aficionados that would like to have it and maybe use it. I have no idea about any Sportsways stuff or the quality level, that was way before my time.
I saw a thread a while ago about J valves and the very rare 1/2” straight thread valve with O-ring - here you go, this could be the mother-load.

I was also hoping that the double hose would spark more interest for discussion. It looks suspiciously like a rebranded Aqualung.
Any insight anyone?
BTW, there are extra hoses and parts.
All this stuff has never been wet.

Are you guys in a coma!!!

that double hose looks nice. Is there a discussion on another forum with prices or are they doing this all in shop which would preclude me. unfortunately?

that double hose looks nice. Is there a discussion on another forum with prices or are they doing this all in shop which would preclude me. unfortunately?
This is the first discussion on any forum that I know of.
All sales will be through the shop but they may ship.
They would be wise to open it up worldwide. LA area only has a certain amount of aficionado’s.

Update:
Jon just texted me and said “PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP CALLING THE STORE!!”
Oops ,Totally my mistake, I thought they were selling the stuff through the store.
They will be eBay-ing all of it in time when all the stuff comes in and they have a chance to get all of it cataloged, so please stop calling the store.
Thank you.
Sorry about that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom