A c

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

knotical

perpetual student
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m curious to know for certain what the AC stands for on Suunto computers? It appears when the water contacts are wetted.

The ideal response would include a reference or citation.

I found one source that implies it means Active, but that doesn’t seem to match well with what the computer is doing.

I like Aqueous Contact, but have no source.

Or perhaps it’s something in Finnish?

2.3. WATER CONTACTS
The water contacts control the automatic activation of the Dive Mode.
The water and data transfer contacts are located on bottom of the case (Fig 2.3). When submerged the water contacts are connected to the push buttons (which are the other pole of the water contact) by the conductivity of the water. The “AC” text (Active Contacts, Fig. 2.4.) will appear on display. The AC text will be shown until the water contact deactivates or the dive computer enters the Dive Mode automatically.

Knotical,

Diversteve is correct. Below is the section of the manual that he is referring to.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

AC .jpg

Thank you, Chris. Could not find that in my Mosquito, Cobra 2, or Cobra 3 manuals. I'm glad to see it's in at least some of the manuals.

Knotical,

The section on water contacts can be found in all of the Suunto dive computer manuals.
For the Mosquito please refer to pg. 19 of the user manual.
For the Cobra 2 please refer to the bottom of pg. 12 and the top of pg. 13 of the user manual.
For the Cobra 3 please refer to the bottom of pg. 24 and the top of pg. 25 of the user manual.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Yep, the sections are there. But they are worded differently and don't define AC - at least in the versions that came with my computers.

Back
Top Bottom