A+ Customer Service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've posted a few short comments about my situation with my weight harness but I felt I should start a new thread. Recently I've seen a few negative posts about DUI's poor customer service which I found quite surprising. Overall I found their customer service to be above average. So here’s my story:
After about 100 dives or so my weight and trim II was completely falling apart. The nylon was tearing, the stitching was coming undone, and it was pretty much trash. I’m not rough on equipment, and I know of at least 3 other dives who had similar issues with their W&T II. With my luck it was about 6 months out of their one year warranty period, but I figured I’d still see if they would stand behind their product. At first I called customer service and was told I could send it in but it would cost pretty much the same to fix as replace. I wasn’t ready to pop for another one so I still used it for another month or so until it was unsafe to still use. At that point I figured an email couldn’t hurt just to see if they would change their minds because in my mind it was obviously product defect. Luckily I received a response from Jessica at DUI notifying me that I could send it in and the 1yr warrant would be extended if they deemed it to be product defect. Well about two weeks ago I received a brand new replacement for free, so I guess it was deemed defective. I asked for the classic version instead of W&T II, which I would recommend to anyone in the market for a weight harness. It's extremely durable and I feel better constructed than the W&T II. So far after a few dives with it I have no complaints and would never go back to a weight belt! THANK YOU DUI!!!

Back
Top Bottom