A dumb perdix question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danam404

Registered
Reaction score
So I am diving in Bonaire this weekend with my Perdix for the first time. I’m having a brain block. How can I tell it is safe to dive again? We are on nitrox REC mode. After a quick sunset dive we got up to the truck and I show “NDL 0”. The tissue graph next to was in the dark green and eventually has also gone to zero. We are attempting multiple dives tomorrow, in hopefully quick succession. How do I know what my required surface interval is?

you will have to use the dive planner and enter you planned depth and gas mix. It will then give you the NDL for that next dive based on what it thinks your N saturation levels are.

alternatively, if you just jump in the water, it will tell you your "real-time" NDL during the current dive based on what it thinks your N saturation levels are.

FYI, unless you entered mandatory deco, it is always "safe" to dive again. the real question is how long your next dive will last...

There is no mandatory surface interval. You can get out and get back in immediately, if you want.

Once in, your NDL will reflect the length of the surface interval you took. If you dive right up to your NDL, get out, then get right back in, your NDL will be very, very short.

Sure makes a great case for knowing tables...

Sure makes a great case for knowing tables...

Right. With tables, you could do a typical multi-level NDL dive for Bonaire, check the tables, see that you went into deco (according to the tables but not your dive computer), sit out the mandatory 24 hours, and go get your Rum on starting early!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom