A few more from Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vondo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
These are the last of the things I cannot identify. Thanks for any help you can give! All these were taken in either Bali or Gili islands in Indonesia.

544b4f8c.jpg
A wrasse?

544cd0ae.jpg
I don't know what this is. Night dive in Gili Air. Diving I thought it was a nudi, now I'm thinking an egg case from something.

5445ddde.jpg
Cannot find him

5449fa1a.jpg
An urchin, but I was not able to find a yellow one.

544216ec.jpg
A shrimp goby but I could not ID it.

544328f2.jpg
I don't have much hope for this shrimp since the crab in the photo is known but not named. This is inside a barrel sponge in Bali.

5447372c.jpg
A parrotfish I cannot find.

No. 1 is a wrasse but don't know which
Goby is Vanderhorstia dorsomacula - a female. Dorsalspot Shrimpgoby
Parrotfish is a wrasse - most likely the Two-spot Wrasse, Oxycheilinus bimaculata. This species, like many wrasse, is extremely variable in colour depending on age, sex, food, mood and colour of background etc. So when you check my ID, bear this in mind.
Sorry, can't help with the others

No. 1 is a wrasse but don't know which
Goby is Vanderhorstia dorsomacula - a female. Dorsalspot Shrimpgoby
Parrotfish is a wrasse - most likely the Two-spot Wrasse, Oxycheilinus bimaculata. This species, like many wrasse, is extremely variable in colour depending on age, sex, food, mood and colour of background etc. So when you check my ID, bear this in mind.
Sorry, can't help with the others

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom