A few questions about Guadalupe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sjukich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everybody, myself and a few friends are looking to go to Guadalupe for some shark diving next year. We will most likely go on the Belle Amie. I was curious if anyone has been on this ship yet and how they like it. Also, what is the best time to go out there to get a mix of lots of sharks as well as good sized ones? I know that we won't see a shark every single time we get in the water but the videos we watch make it look that way. Just how many are there and how likely is it that you will always have some thing to watch? I guess I just got spoiled having 30 sharks around me on our dives in Fiji. Also, what is the best time to go based on weather? Thanks!

Hey everybody, myself and a few friends are looking to go to Guadalupe for some shark diving next year. We will most likely go on the Belle Amie. I was curious if anyone has been on this ship yet and how they like it. Also, what is the best time to go out there to get a mix of lots of sharks as well as good sized ones? I know that we won't see a shark every single time we get in the water but the videos we watch make it look that way. Just how many are there and how likely is it that you will always have some thing to watch? I guess I just got spoiled having 30 sharks around me on our dives in Fiji. Also, what is the best time to go based on weather? Thanks!

I have been to Guadalupe once on the ill fated Baja Aggressor. Guadalupe is much different than any other liveaboard trip because it is cage diving with snuba. On the trip I was on, there was good shark action every day however there were times when you just stared into the blue for an hour or watched the sea lions and fish under the boat (we actually were lucky and a Mola Mola came by to check us out at one point)

I have been on the Nautilus Explorer 3 times (Socorro) and it is a good outfit. The Bell Amie had some growing pains starting out this year like a lot of new boats have. It is back in dry dock between the Socorro and Guadalupe seasons so hopefully everything gets worked out. I think I would prefer a smaller boat for the cage diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom