A good story to learn from

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I were planning to go diving this past Wednesday. It happens to be that Tuesday night she fell sick w/ a cold. Two days later I was the victim of the invisible bug. To make it short, we were able to go diving on Sunday (at least we thought). The diving site is one of our favorite. It's close to home and it has several wrecks. In fact, one of our favorite activities is to visit several wrecks while we're down, 'cause they're so close to each other.

The max depth is around 66 ft. It seems that the virus really messed our eardrums, cause we could not go below 35 ft without having pain, not to mention that we could not effectivelly equalize. We were close to abort mission when we decided to give it a try at another site that was close by. Max depth was around 25 ft. We knew the place, but we did not try it before because we reckoned it should no be worth it. I mean, most people wold not change a wreck for a rock formation, right?

We get down, no pain. Like I said, the place is a rock formation. First, I was surprised by the fact that this site looked so...so... How can I say this?....new?. Yes! Almost virgin. It seems that divers don't visit this site much, so the place is intact, clean, pristine. Marine life, we found, it was a bit more diverse. A lot of fish, sponges, corals, lobsters, stingrays. You name it. Before we knew it we were having the dive of our life. We were feeling and playing like kids, it was great... great.

Now we're planning not only to do the same next week, but actually "discover" the whole place. Forget about the wrecks....at least for a while. We' ve have visited all of them anyways. We'll do some discovering of all rock formations nearby, and see what we can find!

I guess my point is to be open to whatever experience you may have. I'm pretty sure that others out there, like me, keep visiting the same place over and over simply because others do, or because without noticing it, you make it a routine.The worst is that you miss opportunities to see new places, new stuff!

Enrich your diving experience ( Nitrox not needed).

Back
Top Bottom