Suggestion A longer SB session timeout...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
jtchurch

jtchurch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Folks,

Thanks for building and maintaining this great board! As a new dive enthusiast im glad this is here for support and information.

I noticed that while I have the window up throughout the day, it doesn't take long for the session to timeout, so that I have to log back in.

I don't know if it's currently set to something like 15 minutes, but if that can be increased to even 60 minutes, I bet a lot of people would appreciate it.

---

No doubt you already know this, but if it helps, this is what I found: Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options -> Session Timeout

Or just check:

Capture.JPG

And stay logged in until you log out manually...

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to work for me. If no one else is losing their session though, it must be my local settings. Even with that checked I still lose my session before long and have to log back in. Perhaps a cookie setting - though I don't have that issue with other similar sites. <shrug>

---
It occurs to me I log in with the FB Connect feature. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Its currently (and has been) set to an hour. If your session is timing out sooner, it must be some kind of browser setting.

Thanks.

Hmmm, that doesn't seem to work for me. If no one else is losing their session though, it must be my local settings. Even with that checked I still lose my session before long and have to log back in. Perhaps a cookie setting - though I don't have that issue with other similar sites. <shrug>
Try deleting just the ScubaBoard cookies in your browser - it's been reported before and that seemed to fix it.

I can't speak to FB Connect as I don't use it to access SB.

Back
Top Bottom