DIR- Generic A new forum section for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always thought there should be a DIR free forum
Most of SB is DIR free. We don't have many DIR evangelists if any, anymore.

The next question is should we open up the forum a bit more. Right now, only people who belong to the DIR group can start threads in here. Anyone can respond to a thread, but now that the novelty has worn off, I would like to open it up so the DIR-Curious can ask questions. Hell, we can even add a "DIR- Curious" prefix if you like.

As an aside, I had to give myself permission to create the sticky 'splaining the prefixes. I kept looking for the New Thread button but it wasn't there. Say wha??? Then it dawned on me and I added the permissions to the "Chairman" user group.

...//... Anyone can respond to a thread, but now that the novelty has worn off, I would like to open it up so the DIR-Curious can ask questions. Hell, we can even add a "DIR- Curious" prefix if you like. ...
Nope! (I had to join "DIR Practitioners" just to post this.)

Anyone and everyone has to filter through all the 'New Posts' traffic from DIR but only self-admitted practitioners can reply. Hypocritical, much? As I told a real practitioner, you guys need a front porch ("DIR Curious") where the interested can post without joining anything. I would suggest that you keep GUE and UTD as op-in. Anyone who thinks that they are one and the same is in for a surprise.

Hackles, down everyone. I know that I don't belong here. I'd love to respond further, but I really need to un opt-in and put the world right again.

It seems that the differences and confusion were the most prevalent in threads about concepts like ratio deco, which morphed differently over the years across various DIR agencies, but would often be discussed and grouped together in threads. Maybe this will help...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom