A Pic from recent Kauai Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aardal

Contributor
Reaction score
Peltodoris fellowsi

Order: NUDIBRANCHIA
Suborder: DORIDINA
Superfamily: EUDORIDOIDEA
Family: Dorididae

This (Fellow's Nudibranch) can be found in the western pacific and once was thought to be Hawaiian endemic. It seams to be hard to find.

Gilligan have you run across these in Maui?

I will post more from my recent trip throught the week(s).

Here is my picture of the little fella. I think my picture is a little over exposed but it will have to do I suppose.

1867293.jpg

Nice find. I haven't seen one here in Kona yet.

Steve
Aardal:
Peltodoris fellowsi

Order: NUDIBRANCHIA
Suborder: DORIDINA
Superfamily: EUDORIDOIDEA
Family: Dorididae

This (Fellow's Nudibranch) can be found in the western pacific and once was thought to be Hawaiian endemic. It seams to be hard to find.

Gilligan have you run across these in Maui?

I will post more from my recent trip throught the week(s).

Here is my picture of the little fella. I think my picture is a little over exposed but it will have to do I suppose.

1867293.jpg

That one reminds me of a scene in My Fair Lady, where they are at the horse races and everyone is dressed in black and white. This one looks like she has on a feather hat.

Yeah, it's getting late......

Haven't seen one over here either. Where did you find it?
According to John Hoover it is fairly common and easy to spot.

Great find. I have not encountered one here.
It is a very challenging subject to photograph since it is all white, and in your shot, on a dark background.
I still find white subjects very difficult to photograph as the strobe blows them out. It is one situation that I believe a diffuser would greatly help.
I had it happen to me over and over with the Varicose Phyllidia, which is much darker but has white ridges with yellow peaks on them. Now I try to concentrate on the subject and hope to brighten the rest of the shot afterwards in Photoshop.
So much to remember with this underwater photography stuff.
BTW, how was the weather on your trip? We are now having a weather front with rain and wind that is predicted to last until next Monday.

justleesa:
Haven't seen one over here either. Where did you find it?
According to John Hoover it is fairly common and easy to spot.
I don't know the exact dive name. We left out of Port Allen and headed east. We did a stationary dive at bouy #2.

Gilligan:
Great find. I have not encountered one here.
It is a very challenging subject to photograph since it is all white, and in your shot, on a dark background.
I still find white subjects very difficult to photograph as the strobe blows them out. It is one situation that I believe a diffuser would greatly help.
I had it happen to me over and over with the Varicose Phyllidia, which is much darker but has white ridges with yellow peaks on them. Now I try to concentrate on the subject and hope to brighten the rest of the shot afterwards in Photoshop.
So much to remember with this underwater photography stuff.
BTW, how was the weather on your trip? We are now having a weather front with rain and wind that is predicted to last until next Monday.
Suprisingly it was great the two seperate days we dove, so we were blessed in that aspect. The rest of our days was wind (gusts up to 35-40mph) and rain showers. Got tired of waiting for a sunny day to go snorkeling so we went in the rain. Saw some great stuff at Tunnels Beach on the north side of Kauai.

Aardal:
I don't know the exact dive name. We left out of Port Allen and headed east. We did a stationary dive at bouy #2.
Might you remember the depth and what kind of area you found it? Rocky or more coral?

This photo was taken at 55-57' and in a rocky area. Water temp was around 72 degrees F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom