A question for newly qualified divers...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon T -
Hello from Texas. I'm Joy Z (using NEW2SCUBA's e-mail while visiting in Florida). What a great question you have posed! In 1988 I received my PADI Open Water Certification and found my knowlege level allowed me to dive safely within controlled environments. e.g. calm water, buddy w/an experienced diver or Divemaster. Over the years I found my skill & knowledge level improved ONLY with experience. When a friend received her certification last year I noticed her C-Card experience level is based on the number of dives completed. Personally, I think that's the best way to measure the level of skill & knowledge.

Should you want to comment to me directly, you can reach me at zehrbachj@mbxinc.com later in the week or right here this evening.

Thanks,
Joy Z

Remember WITH MORE KNOWELDGE
WE LEARN
WE KNOW EVEN LESS THAN WE THOUGHT WE DID BEFORE

I've dove for years without cert. My son and I just got cert thru PADI. As I was he feels he is indestructable - what has He learned?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom