A question... (nitrox? O2?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChillinKansai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all!
I am currently awaiting my new gear and am planning on doing an unboxing once it all gets through customs. :D
But I wanted to double check on the regulator with regard to nitrox. I looked through the site, but didn't see nitrox compatibility listed. (And I am still too green to know without being told...)
I assume they are, but I'd like to include that info when I am describing the regs. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!!

I am currently awaiting my new gear and am planning on doing an unboxing once it all gets through customs. :D

That sounds like a good idea. I recommend always unboxing a regulator before attempting to breathe from it underwater.

Yes they are oxygen clean. See the chairmans post on Deep6. Hit me up if you want a discount on future purchase.
@Candiru speaks the truth. Regulators come from the factory O2 clean. It's safe to use even on cylinders containing 100% oxygen.

Chris (President / CDO) is usually pretty good about getting back to people here, but he's a busy man. You can always send an email to support@deep6gear.com. Landon and I handle most of those emails and we try our best to respond in a timely manner.

That sounds like a good idea. I recommend always unboxing a regulator before attempting to breathe from it underwater.

lol, I hear they work better that way. :D Now I am EXTRA glad I asked ;D

@Candiru speaks the truth. Regulators come from the factory O2 clean. It's safe to use even on cylinders containing 100% oxygen.

Chris (President / CDO) is usually pretty good about getting back to people here, but he's a busy man. You can always send an email to support@deep6gear.com. Landon and I handle most of those emails and we try our best to respond in a timely manner.

Very cool. Thank you for the clarification. I was pretty sure that's what it meant, but no point in guessing when you can just ask.
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom