A reporter's perspective

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do R...I don't report anymore...I just talk crap on the radio and try to get a laugh out of people sometimes. News just wasn't my bag in the end.

I'm sorry, E.. It's not personal and I don't want to make you feel like you need to defend yourself. What *do* you do, actually?

R..

In my opinion this article is a result of a poor rapport with the media. Even a press conference after this event could have answered a lot of questions. I do like the idea of the media shadowing the team, but the problem with that is "was the right media person chosen?" It seemed like a media frenzy and that is hardly what you want to upset the others of the media members.

I would imagine that inviting the media to attend a training mission would also be a good thing for "Public Image". It could get some positive press time and also create an understanding for future incidents. I may be wrong but that is my .02

Be safe
-Eric

We DO NOT let the media shadow the team on an actual operation. They do get invited to training from time to time which gives them a better idea of what we do and how we do it. But during a real operation they can go to the staging area for the media and deal with the PIO. If they are allowed to shadow the operation they MAY screw up an investigation or release something they shouldn't have.

Gary D.

I'm sorry, E.. It's not personal and I don't want to make you feel like you need to defend yourself. What *do* you do, actually?

R..

That's okay R! I respect that you have an opinion and aren't afraid to say it. :D
In any case, I host a radio show in the afternoons now...2-6 pm. You know, play music, talk inbetween, do breaks about local events, funny things in my life etc. Nothing too controversial!

On a side note, I've been on both sides of the "pen" if you will. I do a lot of interviews on behalf of my dad (an extreme athlete) when he's on an adventure. I've had my share of run-ins with the good, the bad and the ugly. Just last week I was terribly misquoted, BUT I have also had absolutely stunning pieces written around my remarks. There are good and bad in every profession.

I checked out the article on the web site: Patterson Irrigator | Your Local Paper - The year in photos...

It's taken from a 2008 retrospective written by a photographer.

Not exactly Pulitzer Prize material, but probably not that damaging, considering the total readership of the paper probably knows the PSD team by name.

LOL...I'll tell you where I work once I'm certain you won't phone in with "reporter rage!!" :wink: hahahaha

he he.... touché

If you give me your number and your favorite song I'll phone in to request it. how about that?

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom