A "Safe" or other form of security on CEX 1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lancelot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether the Caribbean Explorer I live aboard has a safe for passengers to use? (For cash, passport, etc.) I may have a few hundred in cash on me for the cruise and just wondered if there is a safe for divers to use when they are underwater? Thank you.

Lance

Lancelot:
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether the Caribbean Explorer I live aboard has a safe for passengers to use? (For cash, passport, etc.) I may have a few hundred in cash on me for the cruise and just wondered if there is a safe for divers to use when they are underwater? Thank you.

Lance
I've always just left my valuables (cash/credit cards/photos of Jessica Alba) in my room on live-aboards and I've never had a problem.
Luke

I just lock my valuables in my suitcase. In many cases, it's about the best you can do.

That was one of the things we LOVED about our trip on the Nekton Pilot.....never once worried about theft or security. Heck, we never even locked our cabin door, and didn't worry once about our cash (or stuff) being stolen.

Thanks All,

I'm not worried anymore. Your experiences were great to hear.

Lance

I had $400 in my cabin for a week on CE1 in March with no problem. If you're worried just ask Eamon (the captain) to stow it in his cabin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom