A Saturday training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It was a bit unusual but Saturday 0503 was a training day.

I show up with the Marine Sgt. at 0745 thinking we’d be a bit early. Walk into the Marine building and everyone is there already. Oops, we were supposed to be there at 7, not 8. Oh well, the world is still spinning.

The 4 guys that just went to DR1 in the Seattle area gave us a report. I wish I could have been a mouse during their class. One got a bit testy, in jest with the instructors. All four came back saying the training was way too easy. Well it should have been because they had the crap kicked out of them prior to going so it should have been easy. :mooner:

Then we headed out to Hayden Lake to assist Hayden City with a clean up. They cleaned the beach, did some painting and landscaping while we dove and cleaned up the swim area. Good shallow water to work on buoyancy, line searching and other skills while helping out the city.

Fire came out and filled a dozen or so bottles for us and the city had a gourmet meal for us. Once the grill got hot we feasted on Tubey Steaks with matching rolls to contain the catsup and mustard. The second course was a variety of corn and spud slices that were salted and spiced. Several fine wines from Pepsi were served and the cop favorite round cakes for desert.:popcorn:

Then it was back to Marine to work on or dive tank we will use for fundraiser displays. It’s a 4’X8’X6’ tank we fill with water so the kids can talk to the diver on the other side of the windows. Thanks to a good effort from the guys all I have left to do is some trim and throw a quick coat of paint on it. Its maiden voyage (display) will be at our pancake feed on May 18. I’ll post some pics later.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom