A second attempt at UW video with the Canon T3i - Bootless Bay, Papua New Guinea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronscuba - I am using iMovie color pickers to get some reds back in. The challenge comes with changing depth where white balance adjustment in shallower water is not the same as deeper. I am thinking of splicing the clips into smaller bits where I can work the white balance in increments. Any tips are welcome. Thanks - Nick

Ah. I prefer to try to get WB correct in the camera and do as little as possible in editing.

The T3i has great WB range. Have you tried setting custom white balance while UW ?

I use imovie the amount of correction you can perform is actually quite good once you put it in advanced mode and use the rgb sliders however if you are too far off or your clips are too long and have different exposure in it it won't work well
You need to white balance before the shot on your camera it will probably require taking a picture of a slate and the select an area, quite painful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom