A selfish post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitroracer1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can you guys help a fellow psd out. i in the running to win a surf/dive trip to Dr. right now im in second place but 1st place s cheatingin using ip switchers cuz there getting votes ever few seconds which is unrealistic.

Hi all!! Im currently in the running for THE surf trip to the dominican republic. IT would be the ultimate adventure for me, Surfing and Definatley Diving
I need help with votes though, if any of u guys could take just 10 seconds and go to Kevin Kronseder – Anti establishment attitudes in a liquefied skate park | SASS Global Travel and rate my entry ten stars thatd be awsome!!!!!
im currenlty in the lead but it still runs to oct 15th. Ive never been able to surf or dive outside the usa, I def would love the chance to win. So if you please take the few seconds out to help a fellow Surfer out hopefully the good karma will hit ya back

Thanks guys and dive safe!!!
Kevin

My personal take on the PSD forum is that it is for sharing experience, knowledge and ideas to make our divers safer and so that we can better do what we train to do. Using this forum to try to score a personal dream trip is something I find offensive. Other folks may be willing to work with you. I think you should re-think priorities and reconsider your request.

Stay safe.

Well considering that I am a Fellow PSD and I titled that it is a selfish post I didnt think its a problem. Apparently you took offense well thats fine cause this is a free country and your titled to your opinion.
Yeah and My priorities are pretty squared away considering I am a Sheriff officer, A County Swat Team Member and aVOLUNTEER member of a county Rescue/Search Dive team. ON CALL 24 hrs a day with a family of 5. SO usually my borther and sister officers help each other out from backing up on calls to help buy girl scout cookies from a guy on the squads kids to help get rid of them. I guess PSD dont like to help each other out.

My personal take on the PSD forum is that it is for sharing experience, knowledge and ideas to make our divers safer and so that we can better do what we train to do. Using this forum to try to score a personal dream trip is something I find offensive. Other folks may be willing to work with you. I think you should re-think priorities and reconsider your request.

Stay safe.

I hope this is because, like many of us, you have had a bad day and this struck you wrong. We, as law enforcement and Fire, give up enough. We hold the weight of the world on our shoulders every day. We are the ones people call when they don't know who to call. We, on the other hand, are at the top and have no one to call but each other.

What we have here is a brother asking for help. It is a bit out of the norm, but he asked for help from those he assumed would be there. There is no harm in this and heck, we could all use a "bone" now and then considering the great pay, wonderful hours we work, and the love shared by the general public.

We all have bad days and sometimes bite when we shouldn't. I am sure that is all it was. Good luck to both of you and never forget, in the end we only have each other. No one else can see what we see and understand our world. Mark :coffee:

Good level headed response...I appreciate that.

What struck me wrong is his first post onto a forum (PSD) that is a very serious topic asks for help with a vacation. True, it was labelled "selfish" which, I guess, makes it OK.

My son is a 4 year firefighter..I love LEO's, FF's, medics and what they do..I understand.

No meanness here, guess I'll just rethink how some folks view the PSD topic. Chill time...I'm through...peace.

just cause its my first post doesnt me jack, i sit back and read alot thats on here and no its not my first post Ive actually inquired about classes held in other states on the psd forum. I dont take pics of call outs, so i dont post em up, i really dont like to recall or relive any recoverys, once they are over they are over unless there is something to learn from it then our team discusses it. The team I am on has a no call out discussion policy. Whatever we do satys within the team. Just imagine if you had to do a body recovery and some layer found pictures of yourself on the internet talking about the dive. Maybe you have struck me wrong posting about your first real psd dive and posting pics, unproffesional in my eyes, but who am i to judge.
Guys who voted THANKS!!! now i gotta go warm up freediving in the cold north atlantic SUCKED TODAY and im still freezing,lol

And pantheraba dont take anything i said to heart ,everybody has different reasons for everything. STAY SAFE!!

And pantheraba dont take anything i said to heart ,everybody has different reasons for everything. STAY SAFE!!

I got ya, Nitro...you are right, there are several ways to skin the cat. I understand your "no posting" for call outs..good point. I am still learning a lot as we train and know there is a lot to learn. I post some things to get feedback from folks to see how they are doing things (e.g., when we used compass bearings on distant shore to help keep our boat on track for a sonar search)...I don't have any plan or desire to post about the gruesome details of what we do. I am aware that a victim's family could read what we say and don't want to cause un-needed distress.

Thanks for your feedback and clarification...hope to meet you some day. Good luck with your votes...I'm going to vote for you now. :cheers:

Its all good bro, cause in the end we know we can really on each other.
Stay safe guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom