A very bad week in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why just the review? GDI has glowing credentials and will work with you on a schedule, so why not plan to do the course with him? I can't believe you could be too traumatized to give it a try in a couple of months, if you need some recovery time.

Okay, let's back up here just a moment, please.

While I have pretty much made up my mind about Brucie, and I think others have as well, I do believe it's time to stop pressuring him.

Rick made the offer twice. Brucie has turned him down, at least for now, twice. Whatever his reasons, Brucie doesn't want to do the review and possible instruction with Rick.

That should be it.

I'm not defending Brucie here, but one thing everyone here knows is we don't pressure anyone into diving, much less diving in a cave. I believe that counts for even a review. Personally, if the guy says he doesn't want to do this for any reason, that's good enough.

This isn't a poke at anyone, I think we all have pretty much the same view of this situation.

Rick has made it clear his offer is open ended. If and when Brucie decides he's ready, let him get in touch with Rick, without the pressure of the cave diving community weighing on him, and they can work it out.

Again, not defending Brucie and I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Jeff

agreed, jeff.

extremely nice of you, rick.

beautifully written, bobby, both posts. proud to know you & to have passed your class.

Bruciebabe:
Thanks once again for your very kind offer.

I am just about to go to Menorca, Spain with my drysuit, reels etc for at least 12 hours of underwater time practicing skills.

The problem with travelling to Florida for a checkout is that it is 5 hours jetlag both ways, I need to find time out of a busy shedule (we are just moving house, for instance), and the total cost for your free checkout would be not much less than the cost of doing the full course. Also I need to rekindle my enthusiasm for instruction per se. If you are at school and have a bad teacher for a term it can put you off a subject that you previously enjoyed. My instructor not only gave me a bad week, he also posted a (fairly obvious) pack of lies.

A technical instructor who knows my diving has made some intelligent suggestions, which I am mulling over. Whatever, nothing is going to happen soon, it took me nearly two years to find the time, money etc for my last, bad, experience.

The thing that I think is funny is that you are willing to fly from the UK to Spain to practice your skills alone with nobody around you to critique your skill level, but you aren't willing to fly from the UK to Florida to practice your skills with an instructor, who has a very good reputation as being a good cave instructor, and will be able to honestly critique your skill level. What is wrong with this picture? GDI has made a very generous offer twice, yet you refuse his offer twice.

jtoorish:
Okay, let's back up here just a moment, please.

While I have pretty much made up my mind about Brucie, and I think others have as well, I do believe it's time to stop pressuring him.

Rick made the offer twice. Brucie has turned him down, at least for now, twice. Whatever his reasons, Brucie doesn't want to do the review and possible instruction with Rick.

That should be it.

I'm not defending Brucie here, but one thing everyone here knows is we don't pressure anyone into diving, much less diving in a cave. I believe that counts for even a review. Personally, if the guy says he doesn't want to do this for any reason, that's good enough.

This isn't a poke at anyone, I think we all have pretty much the same view of this situation.

Rick has made it clear his offer is open ended. If and when Brucie decides he's ready, let him get in touch with Rick, without the pressure of the cave diving community weighing on him, and they can work it out.

Again, not defending Brucie and I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Jeff

I couldn't agree more Jeff. Nicely said.

Having just gotten a "taste" of cave cocaine in the Cenotes last week, I may at some point want to take some cave training.

Hopefully if the opportunity presents itself, Rick will consider making such a generous offer to someone who wants it ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Having just gotten a "taste" of cave cocaine in the Cenotes last week, I may at some point want to take some cave training.

Hopefully if the opportunity presents itself, Rick will consider making such a generous offer to someone who wants it ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LOL...Cheap $%^%$^%$ :wink:

You should be thinking Cave 1 in Mexico.

Some of us ARE thinking Cave 1 in Mexico . . . After I dragged him into the cenotes on Saturday, Bob accused me of feeding him scuba cocaine :)

JeffG:
LOL...Cheap $%^%$^%$ :wink:
Considering what I just spent in Cozumel ... what I'm budgeting for Indonesia next year ... or what I spend in a typical month on my scuba habit ... I don't think the term "cheap" applies ... :wink:

JeffG:
You should be thinking Cave 1 in Mexico.
Perhaps I will ... I've kind've moved away from GUE training due mainly to the fact that every time I take a course, I never get to see the instructor again. But with a cave class that'll probably be the case regardless of who I take it with ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom