A300CS fails to receive but transmitter works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB-Racer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a A300CS which was working fine at home, but now refuses to receive from an y transmitter I have. I have another A300CS which is working fine and used to test the transmitters. Also the transmitters work with an OC1.

Have latest EDT on main screen software as does the working A300. Tried removing battery but no change

Anyone got any ideas. I'm in Bonaire for another week and would like to find that magic "hold your tongue just right" fix to get this back on track?

This has worked for me; delete the transmitter info in the computer, save and exit the setup menu then add the info back in just like a new setup. My computer picks up the transmitter almost immediately, hope it works for you too.

PB,
Any updates? I had the same issue. Sent it in for repairs and now it is doing it again.

Well another dive trip and back with the same problem from two years ago. Wrist unit wont receive from known good transmitters. Of course I'm in Palau this time. The reliability of these things just sucks.

I have an A300 CS as well and my problem isn't with transmission of dive information from the cylinder to the wrist unit, over time the display has gotten so dim that I can't read the information. I have put in new batteries, adjusted the brightness settings, done virtually everything that I am aware of to make it brighter, but to no avail. Thought about sending it in for service but now that Oceanic who used to support Aeris products has been sold, I would not know who to send it to. Any suggestions? Maybe it's better to just punt and buy a new dive computer that is compatible with the Aeris transmitter. Thoughts!

hey///im sorry your having trouble.. i was reading that you sent your a300cs in for repair...i have one thast i tried to do an update on and it froze during the update..now it wont turn on at all, can i ask where you guys are sending these in for repair

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom