A300CS OLED Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought this computer, and while the usb connector works fine if a little twitchy on the physical connection, the fact this comes with an implementation of bluetooth that's incompatible with 90% of the existing bluetooth devices in existence is completely stupid. Why do this? It's all but useless.

..... this comes with an implementation of bluetooth that's incompatible with 90% of the existing bluetooth devices in existence is completely stupid. ......
Actually, 99% of the smartphones/tablets introduced since January 2014 ARE compatible with Bluetooth 4.0

Actually, 99% of the smartphones/tablets introduced since January 2014 ARE compatible with Bluetooth 4.0
Yet my 2 brand new PCs, and Android phone, all with bt 4.0, can't pair with my a300, and several others have also not been able to pair theirs. I can try a bt 4.0 USB adapter to see if that works, but I shouldn't have to, and Windows doesn't like having 2 different BT devices on one PC. The A300 seems particularly fickle with it comes to working with perfectly functioning bt 4.0 devices. Not working with anything but bt 4.0 seems like bad oversight, especially given how flaky the data connector is when it comes to the actual physical connection to the computer.

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2014 at 01:35 AM ----------

Tried a bt 4.0 le usb dongle with the latest Blue Soleil suit which includes better, much more fill featured drivers and management software and still the A300 won't pair. Are we to expect only bt adapters using FTDIChip controllers will work with it?

Last edited:
Problem is that the A300CS is part of the 1% that is not compatible with BT4.0 LE even though it is being marketed as such...

Can't even locate that one special BT dongle that supposedly works on the Aeris website...

Is the Oceanic VTX the same exact device as the Aeris AC300CS?

Is it true that the battery goes from green to red with no notice?

I don't want to be in the middle of a dive and have this thing go out on me.

How is the transmitter reliability for most? I have read some good and some bad on this thread. What's the general consensus?

Would you use this unit as a primary without a backup computer or depth gauge in the water?

I have the A300CS OLED and dive with backup (SPG with BUD). Transmitter has been working great. I wear computer on right arm and transmitter mounted on same side on first stage. My computer eats batteries because I like the display on 100%

I have the A300CS OLED and dive with backup (SPG with BUD). Transmitter has been working great. I wear computer on right arm and transmitter mounted on same side on first stage. My computer eats batteries because I like the display on 100%

Have you experienced sudden battery failure when it goes from green to red with no yellow warning? I would like to use this as my primary and get rid of the high pressure hose.

I have been following this thread religiously since I am seriously considering the A300CS as a holiday gift to myself. I understand the steadily improving firmware and software upgrades, but my question is about hardware versions- are there any to be aware of? The reason is that my LDS has 2 units that I am going to go check out this week, but they say they both have build dates from July / August. Will upgrading the firmware bring these units up to where a freshly manufactured one will be, or should I only be looking at units manufactured after a certain date? Thanks for your insight!

YIKES! I wouldn't say that I've been following religiously, but most of the posts in the past 39 pages has been complaints! There's too many other good computers on the market, so why put yourself through the agony?

Is the Oceanic OCi a 'good' reliable computer?

14 days ago I sendt my computer to Oceanic Europe for repair. I haven't heard anything since. I think this is a very bad service. Spending that kind of money for a computer three months ago and then experience this!. I'm sorry to say this, but had I known this, I woulden't have bought it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom