AA Changed Flts with no Notification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just check for my 8 day trip next month, Friday to Sat. All my flts were changed and no notifications given. Could deal with Fridays changes but the return trip now is overnight over 21 hrs vice my original 5 1/2 hrs. Flying in and out of Cancun also added a day plus a lot more expense. Sorry to say had to cancel.

Yup.
Found out AA canceled one leg of a four segment trip with no email or notification.
I mentioned this to an agent and when I went ahead and cancelled the entire itinerary, got 6 emails confirming the cancellation.
A bit passive aggressive?

United is obviously doing the same thing. I used to think it was a gap in their system notifications, but now I suspect it is a way of holding on to customer dollars for longer. If they cancel or substantially change your flight you are eligible for a refund (after the DOT made them honor their legal commitments this spring ). If they are canceling tickets by the the hundreds of thousands or even millions—the dollars probably really add up. If you have million tickets sitting out there eligible for refund but the customers don’t know it—that is a few hundred million in customer money the airline is sitting on until people rebook or request refunds. Definitely a crappy move, but almost certainly legal as long as they honor refund requests when they are eventually made. I know back in the spring they were sending out more dollars per day in refunds than they were taking in from new tickets (and that was before any expenses whatsoever)

As another poster mentioned a month ago regarding your future flights —check ‘em if you got ‘em

Looks like a new regulation may be in order requiring airlines to notify customer immediately about significant changes in flight else be liable for any cancellation penalties customer incurs (hotel, car rental, excursions, etc). They would solve it within two hours flat.

I am tempted to rebook my lost trip for January, but I am so tired of dealing with American flight changes that it would seem like inviting the insanity again.

Besides, I always buy trip insurance when I book an international trip at the time, so I'd have to add that now.

Same boat as everyone else. Changed my flights for 10-10 without notice. Good thing I like toi check. Besides I knew they were going to re-org flights after laying off that many pilots. In my case the change worked in my favor. I'm still a month away and wouldn't be surprised if they did it again. Would have appreciated a heads up by AA.

Irrelevant but AA just cancelled my Oct flight to Turks, rescheduled at an ungodly 6 AM departure from Boston.

UPDATE: Requested refund after cancellation and AA wouldn't since I booked this flight from one I cancelled due to Covid concerns. So I re booked and the cost savings almost paid for my hotel at DFW. So instead of getting home at 6 pm I get home on noon the next day. Good news I get 7 days of diving in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom