AAUS Scientific Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cr.padlo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been certified through AAUS as a scientific diver? I am looking into this course through my university (Texas A&M) and I was interested in learning more about the course as well as where you took it. Thanks and Gig Em!!

A former student of mine took the course(s) as part of her Marine Biology degree and loved it.

Dang where's Thal when you need him..

A number of the TAMUG students that patronize our shop have taken that course. They all thought it was worthwhile. Make sure that you sign up for it early it can fill up fast.

Thank you!
@divezonescuba I'm actually part of the College Station Campus...I'm working with the instructors there to see how they are doing the class for college station students. I know they had a version of the program that was part distance learning for classwork although they are transitioning to a new method of doing it for college station students, so I am working that out! At least I wont have to compete for a space..just for getting accepted into the class!

I got AAUS certification here in Berkeley three years ago and learned a lot even though I was a bit experienced already. The standards above give a good overview. I do not know Texas A&M's schedule, but the chance to do pool work every week for a semester can produce some good divers. I highly recommend it.

The oldest and founding member of the AAUS, and the best scientific diver & support training program in the US is here in Southern California.....

USC Scientific Diving Program is another good one here in SoCal - and you get to dive in Catalina (disclosure: we developed their online logging system :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom