Abalone seminar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelpmermaid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Not to repeat myself, but if anyone missed this in the Marine Life section, on Saturday, July 26, from 1pm to 4:30 or 5pm, the Catalina Conservancy Divers and the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium will be sponsoring a free seminar on abalone at the aquarium in San Pedro. The speaker will be Dr. Pete Haaker of the Dept. of Fish and Game, and he will be discussing their life cycles, environment, the decline they experienced in the 80's and 90's, and will be open for questions. If you tell the guard at the parking gate that you are going to the lecture, I understand there is no fee for parking, either.

Actually, I did not make it...I just had no energy on Saturday, so I took a nap (highly unusual for me) and could not get going again.

When I first moved here in the 80's, I had friends who were divers and who would bring back abalone. They would put me to work post-dive pounding the steaks. One of them used the scraps to make these incredible abalone fritters...sigh!

Back
Top Bottom