about Canon Legria g50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Salvatore

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

I wonder if you could help me please. I have a Light and motion bluefin housing with a Canon legria g30 camcorder. I do like my system but I want to upgrade it to 4k. Some how I realised the new Canon G50 4k camcorder. When I look those two camcorders the dimensions of g50 4k is the same as mine so it will fit in the housing but one think is I use AV out on my camcorder from the tray of the camcoder. But the new g50 4k doesnt have an AV out port so what can i do to implement this camera with my light and motion housing

Thank you

Peter

I'd be more concerned about whether the drive electronics are the same. No point in doing an upgrade if they're different.

Size does not matter as long as it's close but MAKE SURE the lens and port line up or it will affect the zoom and you may also get some unwanted aberrations if they don't. IDK Canon but Sony changes lens position on theirs every decade or so.

Also is the Legria HD? Obviously an HD monitor cannot output a 4K signal but it might work - just not at 4K resolution.

Do you have room in your housing for something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Ad...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SQ1QZAJKC9P5VW4FQFHN

Note that it's Composite but I'd guess someone sells a Component (RGB) adapter also if that's what your monitor requires.

hmm thank you very much for your reply. So I think everything is the same with legria g30 and G50 same camera but one has 4k processor you can have alook at it if you have time. My camcorder is legria g30 full hd the other is legria g50 4k
but the thing is somehow I have to use the hdmi to convert the RCA from my tray to show the view on the back of the monitor of my housing

I was happy when I saw g50 has the same dimensions as my legria g30 but I seen that g50 doesnt have an av out port then I said stop this is a problem. maybe others can occur I dont know I wish some can use this camera and knows if it works or not

hmm thank you very much for your reply. So I think everything is the same with legria g30 and G50 same camera but one has 4k processor you can have alook at it if you have time. My camcorder is legria g30 full hd the other is legria g50 4k

Everything is NOT THE SAME just because they LOOK the same to you. Really that's the least of your problems.

One is 1080p HD - the other 4K HD or 4X the resolution. All your monitor can show is 1/4th of the quality of the image the camera is recording. Probably not an issue since most people only use the monitor for general framing. It would suck if you shoot any Macro,

I would contact Canon to find out if the electronics are compatible. They may have changed the control protocol between the two models so your housing electronics won't be sending the right signals for each function, And maybe it will work fine, . I'd have anything L&M provided you about what they do when you make that call, There's likely to be almost no one at Canon tech support that even knows what you are talking about so be insistent.
but the thing is somehow I have to use the hdmi to convert the RCA from my tray to show the view on the back of the monitor of my housing
Huh? that's what the adapter cable I linked to does. Assuming your monitor has Composite inputs (Red/White/Yellow) If it's Component (Red/Green/Blue) you'll need to find an HDMI to Component adapter.

I don't follow Canon camcorders so won't be of much use in determining if it will work. If you want to provide links to each models online controls documentation, I'll take a look but I'm no exoert.

I have a Bluefin housing which I had Light and Motion convert from a Sony to a Canon for the HFS21. I would contact Light and Motion- they will know if you can do this.

thank you so much guys. If ı had the chance to make ıt work it will work fine otherwise I have to change the whole system and probably housing to 4k. and alsoI was thinking maybe I can put a gopro hero 7 on top of the housing and capturing in 4k mode. I dont know ıf ıt can be worth to do thıs

su I do like my camcorder hg 30 with the light and motion housing but ya if i sell it i will tell you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom