Abu Dabab 2019 GH5 filter matching tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This short video taken over the Abu Dabab beach in a few shore dives few weeks ago is meant to demonstrate the matching technique I have been studying in the last months.

This is a specific shooting technique that uses filters on the lens (in this case Keldan Spectrum -2 and Magic Filter Auto version) matched with appropriate filters on the video lights

The idea is to adapt the shooting to use the same equipment during the dive without having to remove items at different depths. I am satisfied of the results although the magic filter did not respond exactly as I had foreseen but I know why and adjustments have been made

Shot with a Panasonic GH5 Nauticam housing and Panasonic Leica 12-60 behind a 7" acrylic dome. No stabilisation used. I have used the Leeming LUT CineLike D LUTs together with the quickies and then graded the footage when it needed more contrast. The look is not excessively baked so it should appeal to the purists. Depth range was 3 to 18 meters. Camera was set to f/5.6 to f/8 24p shutter 1/50 to 1/100 and ISO max 800. In some cases I shot at ISO 100 as the scene was too bright.

Let me know what you think. I have used creative common music and done an attempt at cutting on the beats after a bit of FCPX training I have done over the last few months

Nothing sensational but some interesting subjects like a large marble ray, big green turtles and a sea horse plus some feeding behaviours

Back
Top Bottom