Abuse of marine life by Scuba Schools of America.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeFlaneur, fgrays nonsensical reasoning such as "The animals will be here long after we're gone. After all we're just animals ourselves." was the reason I had decided not to respond, especially after H2Andy seemed to effectively siderail the argument initiated by a seemingly random trolling comment. I wouldn't expect any insightful reponse either, so we should probably just let any argument relating to his posts drop and get back on topic.

So . . .

Anyone hear any responses back from Scuba Schools of America?

EDIT 11/21/2004 7:03 pm puerto rico time: to avoid confusion my statement above should read "H2Andy seemed to effectively siderail the argument initiated by a seemingly random trolling comment by FGRAY1".

squee!:
especially after H2Andy seemed to effectively siderail the argument initiated by a seemingly random trolling comment.

mine, mine, we ARE prone to cast the first stone :eyebrow:

actually, i was trying to defuse the needless bickering, since
both sides are fairly well entreched in their positions and
you are not going to convince them and they won't convince
you.

the truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

Andy your wasting your time.
The save the world guys always have a Don't confuse me with the facts my minds made up mind set. The will jump on anyone that don't beleive as they do. Sometimes they jump on those (IE You) That think the way they do.
The Truth will set them free.
History is on my side. Mans not as stupid as they what everyone to beleive.
They have tried for years to give animals human traits. They don't like the fact that humans are on the top of the animal kingdom they think we should all be equal.

Anyway just so you know I wouldn't play with the sharks. I dive with the Take pictures and leave bubbles mindset. I'm just not going to get all in a tizzy when someone else does.
With all that's going on in the world You worry about something like this.

i see knee-jerk reactions on both sides of the argument :eyebrow:

H2Andy:
mine, mine, we ARE prone to cast the first stone :eyebrow:

actually, i was trying to defuse the needless bickering, since
both sides are fairly well entreched in their positions and
you are not going to convince them and they won't convince
you.

the truth, as always, lies somewhere in between.

H2Andy, I realize this, and not to be misunderstood, the trolling comment i was referring to was not anything by you, but rather fgray1. If you look at his initial post on this subject, you will note that it bears no contribution to the topic at hand, but rather in a somewhat condescending tone goes ahead and tells us (really anyone who seems to want to stick up for animal rights) that we should forget about it and help people INSTEAD. that is the statement that I have a problem with as I have chosen a field in which I dedicate my life to helping people, and if in my free time I choose to want to help animals too, I don't see a problem with it. So if Frgary1 thinks that conservationists are the one's jumping on people, he has only to look at his first post in this thread and perhaps reflect on his own actions.

H2Andy, it was obvious that you were attempting to derail the progress of the bickering with your blatant segway, and I can respect and appreciate that. I was not going to continue to fuel the fire and hoped no one else would. However, I felt I needed to say something when LeFlaneur revitalized the subject.

It is my opinion that this was a topic on scuba schools of america mistreating animals in front of students and putting a video on their webpage. If fgray1 thinks that getting "in a tizzy" is coming out of nowhere and randomly attacking a thread with inane comments and logical arguments that couldn't find their way out of a paper bag, then he is the one, "in a tizzy."

fgray1, despite all of this, I do applaud your efforts to help out the underprivledged. So, let's let the thread resume on topic, OK?

Squee
Seems to me the guy gave you guys an answer.
He basicly said he don't give a crap what you guys think of it.
But you guys refuse to let it go. That's why I made the statements I did.
Good spin on the Andy thing Too.
Seems Funny How I haven't pointed at anyone in particular but you guys always seem to. Do you think I'm the only one with this point of veiw.
Funny how defensive you get. It's typical shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.
With that I return you to your regularly scheduled program. :)

fgray1:
Squee
Good spin on the Andy thing Too.
Seems Funny How I haven't pointed at anyone in particular but you guys always seem to. Do you think I'm the only one with this point of veiw.
Funny how defensive you get. It's typical shoot the messenger if you don't like the message.
With that I return you to your regularly scheduled program. :)

Thanks. We can leave it at that then.
Regarding Scuba Schools of America, whether he cares about the issue or not does not make it a non-issue.

fgray1:
With that I return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Oh come on!!

You put your point of view out there and it got challenged. It's not a personal attack. It's called a discussion. Then again, having one's opinion challenged can be unpleasant. Those who don't like it should avoid voicing them in an open forum.

squee!:
Regarding Scuba Schools of America, whether he cares about the issue or not does not make it a non-issue.

i do care. i don't think we should be interfering with wildlife
willy-nilly.

H2Andy:
i do care. i don't think we should be interfering with wildlife
willy-nilly.

me too. That was in reference to the shop owner not you.

fgray1 said:

Squee

to which I responded.

I feel like I am being fairly articulate, but for some reason things seem to be getting somewhat misinterpreted. They make sense to me when I write them, but I suppose I have no control over other people's perspective. H2Andy, being a lawyer, you should appreciate the difference between perception and intent. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom