Abyss and Proton second stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James-S

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I couldn't find a contact address on your website so I'll ask here. Is the front face plate on the abyss or proton second stage able to be removed without using tools, so that it could be dismantled underwater?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Hi,

I couldn't find a contact address on your website so I'll ask here. Is the front face plate on the abyss or proton second stage able to be removed without using tools, so that it could be dismantled underwater?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

The Abyss can only be disassembled with a Phillips head screwdriver. The Proton's cover can be removed by hand. I prefer the Proton design for that reason.

Greg Barlow

Greg is correct about the disassembly of both regulators. Although there is a small pin holding the Proton cover in place, requiring a small pointed tool of some kind to remove it, or removing it before you go diving. This is not recommended as the front cover assembly could then rotate off the box of the regulator.

Hope this helps.

Zak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom