Abyss problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son bought me a Mares Abyss reg and Proton Metal octo (along with the matching first stage) last May. While diving last week the system started making a loud "wheezing" sound when I inhaled at a depth of about 80 feet and lower. It sounded like it was coming from the first stage. It was loud enough for all the other divers in the group to hear underwater. I live in Saratoga Springs, NY (12866) but my son bought the gear in Columbus, OH where he lives. Can you tell me where in the Saratoga NY area I might be able to bring the gear to correct the problem? Also, could you tell what dive shops in Columbus carry and service Mares equipment.

Hi,

I will be out of the office next week and the offices will be closed on Monday. Call our customer service department on Tuesday and they can reccomend a dealer to service your regs.

800 874 3236

Regards,

Phil

[QUOTE= Mares Abyss reg and Proton Metal octo

I found the problem

Back
Top Bottom