Abyss reg and dragon BC problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I just got back from a dive and I had two problems with my nearly new Abyss 22 regulator and dragon bc.

First, the reg. For some reason the exhaust valve of the regulator had gotten partially collapsed into the second stage. I don't recall between dives ever trying to use the reg with my air off or disconnected so I'm not sure how it got that way. Anyways, we fixed it and I completed two dives with problems. But is this something I should be worried about? Should I have it looked at or serviced?

The other problem I had was with the BC, it just decided to drop one of it's weight pockets all on it's own. After retrieving it and putting it back in underwater it proceeded to fall out two more times on its own. I finished the dive carrying the damn thing. Back on the boat I found out that one of the two straps had pulled itself through the slits on the weight, it seemed like that could possibly be the cause. But again, wondering if this is something that needs to be looked at, replaced? Could there possibly be something wrong with the clip mechanism in that pocket itself?

Thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom