Accident & Incident Discussion - Northernone - aka Cameron Donaldson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I moved the posts about driving to a new thread: Risk of Diving vs Driving

I did not want to delete the posts because they are interesting but not on topic to this thread.

Thank you for posting and if you want to discuss the move report this post or send me a private message.

Thanks for posting the picture. Cameron is a true inspiration. Reading his past posts he comes off as a very conservative diver. I think he had very little control on the events that transpired.

Do convery my condolences to his mom. I was at Cozumel a few days after he went missing so his demise has been haunting me. But some of his activities like training special needs kids diving inspired me to take up diving. I just did my first pool dive in memory of Cameron my fellow country man and a hero.

View attachment 513845 View attachment 513846
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this but it seems appropriate to illustrate in a way that perhaps only a picture can now how much love Cameron had for his mom and how difficult it would be to imagine him taking unnecessary risks with her safety. There have been some theories and conclusions put forth in this thread about the danger of the current on that day and other things for which there is no evidence beyond rumor and hearsay. If there was a risky situation, Cameron and Bonnie knew how to evaluate risk and call a dive. They could dive every day. There was no reason to push any limits when they were diving together. Whatever happened, I am certain it wasn't because Cameron made a cavalier decision to ignore his experience and his training and play fast and loose with his mother's safety.

I just came across this terrible news while in the Solo forum. Condolences to Cameron's loved ones and friends. I didn't know him, but we PMd a couple of times re his living and diving on James Bay, a place I once visited. I always enjoyed his inciteful posts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom