Accommodations and diving in Malapascua Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First off, I want to thank everyone for all the great advice. I've decided to split my trip between 2 places... Malapascua Island and Alona Beach. I'm not a hard-core diver and I like my beach days in between. I have to impress my friends with my fabulous tan when I get back!

Since its the holidays and PEAK season I am having trouble with places being booked up. I put in a message to Sea Explorers/Alona Tropical and Bohol Divers about Alona Beach. I'm thinking I want to get to Alona Beach first since my flight on Dec 20 arrives around 4pm so I could catch a SuperCat to Tagbilaran (hopefully) and get to MI for Christmas. Cocobana has a Christmas dinner fest that sounds fun. I'd like to see the Threshers and I really want to see some Pygmy Seahorses which I believe are only seen on the night dive on Gato Island. I have to spend the eve of Dec 28 in Cebu as I have a 9am fight back to Singapore the next morning and don't want to risk missing it.

Zylke, I would love to get to Apo Island but it sounds like too much of a hassle for a short trip. I have a total of 2 weeks on this trip but a few are being spent before and after in Singapore.

If anyone has better suggestions for transportation and routing its much appreciated. I think I still have some time where I can move dates and reservations around. Normally I wouldn't book everything so far ahead but when places got back to me saying "fully booked" I knew this was gonna be tough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom