Accommodations for large group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minnesota Cricket

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This Christmas we are looking at traveling to Bonaire in a group of either 3 or 4 families. A few years ago we did a similar trip and found a wonderful house with 6 bedrooms that was prefect. Had it's own dock where the dive shop would pick us up, really nice pool, and a huge living area where everyone could have a meal together, play games, or just hang out.

I would love to find a similar place in Bonaire. Ideally it would have access for shore diving, a pool, and of course enough space for everyone. The group will likely consist of 6 adults and 5 kids between the ages of 11-15. Looks like the two youngest may be just finishing certification before or during the trip, so being close to a dive shop would also be very nice.

I found a couple of nice places, but for the most part they are just a bit too small for our group. I've also contacted buddy dive to see if we could maybe get a couple of the bigger apartments close together.

So just thought I would throw this out to the group to see if anyone else has any ideas or know of any places. Maybe even two moderate size places next to each other somewhere?

Thanks everyone!

A couple options -

BelMar apts (condos) in Belnem has 2 3br Penthouses and several Grand Deluxe 3br units. The other Buddy Dive shop is there, it's on a decent shore dive and they have a pool. No food though - that's a short drive (5min.) to town or the nearby Plaza resort. 2-3 mins. south start all the good south side dive sites.
Welcome to Belmar Bonaire - Belmar Bonaire

Sunbelt Realty has two larger properties for vacation rental but they're not waterfront. We looked at Villa Lunt once for our group of 12 once (then went to the BVI's instead)
Vacation rental on Bonaire? | Sunbelt Realty

Another option might be the beach houses at Habour Village resort a couple of those sleep 8 or 9. Some of you would have to sleep in one of the smaller villas.

They have their own dive op and one of the better beaches on Bonaire but just an average shore dive - there's a small wreck. One of the better outdoor restaurants also.
https://www.harbourvillage.com/m/private-villas

Bari Reef is about 2 blocks north though and it's among the best shore dive sites. And Coco Beach Club is on the south end of Bari Reef for something else to do.

There's also a big villa in Kralendijk. It's actually 2 separate units they can rent as one. Sorry I don't know the name but it's on vrbo.com. Dive Friends has a shop on the north end of town, keeps boats there and there's a shore dive there. But you'd want to drive there with gear. Convenient to walk to some of the better restaurants though.

Klein Bonaire is just across the channel north of town and there's 25 dive sites there so many of the beat dives go there since a lot of the other dives sites along the coast are also shore dives.

I've never heard pf any dive operator picking up divers off a private dock - for one thing there's not a lot of them attached to large rentals that are waterfront..

hth

This Christmas we are looking at traveling to Bonaire in a group of either 3 or 4 families. A few years ago we did a similar trip and found a wonderful house with 6 bedrooms that was prefect. Had it's own dock where the dive shop would pick us up, really nice pool, and a huge living area where everyone could have a meal together, play games, or just hang out.

I would love to find a similar place in Bonaire. Ideally it would have access for shore diving, a pool, and of course enough space for everyone. The group will likely consist of 6 adults and 5 kids between the ages of 11-15. Looks like the two youngest may be just finishing certification before or during the trip, so being close to a dive shop would also be very nice.

I found a couple of nice places, but for the most part they are just a bit too small for our group. I've also contacted buddy dive to see if we could maybe get a couple of the bigger apartments close together.

So just thought I would throw this out to the group to see if anyone else has any ideas or know of any places. Maybe even two moderate size places next to each other somewhere?

Thanks everyone!
Have you thought about doing a liveaboard? We have boats that can accommodate between 12 & 22 passengers in the Bahamas or BVIs. In addition to diving we offer a variety of shore excursions and our boats are equipped with kayaks, paddle boards and more. It sounds like the Cat Ppalu might be a great option for you. It’s a 65ft catamaran that accommodates 12 guests. Departs from Nassau on a Saturday-Friday schedule. We offer up to 19 dives with shore excursions and eco-adventures mixed in. With a full charter you are also able to customize your itinerary a bit more.

www.allstarliveaboards.com

They have 3 and 2 bedroom condos at Sand Dollar. They have nice 2 bedroom condos next door at Den Laman. Some combination thereof would give you access to Dive Friends dive op, the pier, with easy access to Bari Reef, and Dive Friends boats leaving from that location. Full kitchens in every unit.

Thanks Diversteve so much for your suggestions, I had not found any of these on my own and am reaching out now to see how they might be able to accommodate our group.

Thank you allstarliveaboards. We have talked about doing a liveaboard but are waiting for the kids to be a little older. I have come across your blackbeard liveaboard before looking for options for my Boy Scout son.

Back
Top Bottom