adapter for fisheye on dc1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickmorgan2003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to see some whale sharks and wanted to get a fisheye wet lens for my dc1200. Anyone make one or does someone have an adapter?

hi rick i use a fisheye lens on my DC1200, it's a fantasea one, for the adaptor I made one out of 2x macro lens, removed the lens part and the fisheye lens will screw straight in with a 46mm-37mm adaptor ring,
the lens is a BigEye Lens M46
got the lens of Ebay also the Sealife 2xmacro lens of ebay as well. one advantage with this lens is that you have have you camera set on macro to use the lens so no change required when you going to take a macro shot just take the lens of and shoot

Rumor is that sealife is coming out with a fisheye lens

hi rick i use a fisheye lens on my DC1200, it's a fantasea one, for the adaptor I made one out of 2x macro lens, removed the lens part and the fisheye lens will screw straight in with a 46mm-37mm adaptor ring,
Thanks shayne: does the macro lens unscrew from the plastic housing or do you pry it out of there? I got the 3xmacro today and it looks like its in there pretty good

rick the one i got the front screwed off then you can remove the lens and screw that outer ring back in place.

I was going to buy myself the parts to make the DIY fisheye lens that Wayne described (thanks for the info) for my DC1200, but now that Sealife has officially teased us I will have to wait and see before I buy my next Bday present!

Come on Sealife, we are eagerly awaiting!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom