AdChoices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmorin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi--I just want to alert you to a problem that is likely no fault of ScubaBoard. My computer running XP-3 has become victim of something called "AdChoices". This inserts its own window in the bottom right of a particular web page using the latest Firefox version. That window shows advertising material and obscures whatever is underneath, i.e., what I happen to be looking at. I cannot get rid of it and suggestions found via Google have been of no help.

This problem happens with many different websites: the content I wish to view is blocked by the advertisement in the window opened in front of the window I am viewing.

I am telling you because your advertisers might be upset if they knew that their ads (for which they are presumably paying) were being obscured by someone else's ads. In addition, you should be upset that some other entity is preventing your content from being viewed. (Note that I can see your content by scrolling the window, but it is annoying to be forced to do so by an outside agent). As I said, this all applies to lots of other websites, too.

Regards,
Larry

Try running AdBlock. I don't get those pop-ups any more.

Back
Top Bottom